The global state of customer experience 2018
Market research on the biggest trends, challenges and investment considerations impacting today’s CX industry
Soon customer experience (CX) will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator, according to recent research. So, to survive it is crucial that businesses take CX seriously. With this in mind, a vast portion of practitioners in our research are still struggling to build a customer-first culture in their business.
The chain-reaction dynamic where meeting today’s demands triggers tomorrow’s higher expectations will continue to push customer experience professionals to constantly innovate.To keep customers happy and loyal, all organisations need to figure out how they can keep up with the customer experience standards set by industry disrupters – and make the necessary internal changes to ensure it happens sooner rather than later. Customers are unlikely to empathise with the fact that there may be legacy systems and processes complicating the reality of an optimised service.
For this year’s edition of the Global State of CX Report we had nearly 300 responses from the CX community, each of the participants providing their insights into the trends, challenges, investment priorities that are continuing to shape customer experience.
Customer experience insight
The intelligence examines the state of play in a number of key areas:
- Digital transformation and channel integration
- The reality of personalisation
- AI, Chatbots and Smart CX: The journey ahead
- Emotional engagement metrics
- Customer insight and analytics
- Actionable insights from customer data
- Customer engagement strategies
- How to link CX to ROI
- Building a customer first culture
- Optimizing the customer journey
- We also asked industry experts (technology providers, CX practitioners and market commentators) to provide analysis on the survey results.
Read success stories and case studies from CX leaders: Shanna Pedersen – Head of Customer Experience at BT, Denisa Spinkova – VP Executive Services Development at Menzies Aviation, Thomas Reby – Senior Strategy Manager at Google and more!
Use the report's insight to benchmark the progress of your organisation against that of your peers and competitors, and prioritise your plans for the next 12-18 months accordingly.